I have had the pleasure of having Michelle as a sister-in-law and as a seamstress!! She has done everything from hemming pants and fixing buttons to sewing beautiful clothing for her children, altered ladies pants/bottoms to make into maternity wear, made grad gowns and so much more! She was even part of the 2007 Project Runway in Winnipeg!














Sewing and Alterations by Michelle is a local business operating in Winnipeg, Manitoba. We offer a variety of services including (but not limited too!) hemming, clothing repairs, custom design, custom draperies/pillows and sewing instruction. Do you have clothes that you love but don't wear because they just don't fit properly? Simple alterations can breathe new life into an old wardrobe!

Michelle has been sewing passionately for the last 10 years. She has certificates in Apparel Design I and II from the University of Manitoba. She believes everyone should feel fashionable and comfortable in the clothes they wear.

Our Gift to You:


Ken is taking Barbie out for Valentine's Day and she has had a special gown made just for her! You'll receive FREE, Barbie's red, strapless gown with lace overlay (as pictured below). A $15 value!














He'd better be taking her somewhere nice!

Also, receive a $20 credit towards any clothing alteration OR 1 hour of sewing instruction with Michelle.

That is a total value of $35!! A big thank you to Michelle for donating this wonderful prize!

If you'd like to get an EXTRA entry in for the grand prize you must do the following TWO things...

1. Go over to Sewing and Alterations by Michelle on Facebook by clicking HERE and “like” her page. Leave her a little note letting her know that you're a new fan (I'm sure she'd appreciate it)! If you already “like” her page you do not need to do that step in order to enter today.

2. Comment below stating that you "like" Sewing and Alterations by Michelle AND include what you would like to either learn from Michelle if you chose to use the 1 hour of sewing instruction OR tell us what you own right now that needs to be altered by a seamstress (eg. hemming pants, taking in a waistband, shortening curtains, etc). In order for your comment to count as an extra entry you must tell me both things!

**Please remember, when you are leaving a comment as "anonymous" you need to leave your name and a way to contact you in the comment in order for your comment to count as any entry into the giveaway. I do not know who you are if there is no contact information, therefore an anonymous person can not receive a prize. Thank you!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked Sewing & Alterations by Michelle. I think I would get instructions on how to sew without a pattern better. I would get one of my denim skirts altered!

Margaret Fehr said...

that message was from me! I pressed enter accidentally! LOL

Nettie Toews said...

I liked Sewing and Alterations by Michelle on FB! I have a couple of shirts that need to be taken in and a pair of jeans that need to be hemmed and a jacket that needs buttons!

Susana Blatz Froese said...

I like Sewing and Alternations by Michelle on FB. I have a jacket that needs a zipper, pants that need hemming...

James & Kim said...

I like Sewing & Alterations by Michelle!!!!!
I could use some basic sewing tips to patch some holes and put some things back together!
Kim Driedger

BRempel said...

Liked her page!

Lucy Ginter said...

I like sewing & Alterations by Michelle. I have pants that need hemming.

Tina Refler said...

I "liked" Sewing and Alterations by Michelle; I would like a lesson on learning how to sew little girls clothing!
tinahdl@hotmail.com

Audrey Martens said...

I liked Sewing and Alterations by Michelle!

Crystal said...

I "liked" Sewing & Alerations by Michelle on FB.

Sgrenier said...

I like Sewing & Alterations by Michelle. My granddaughter would like to learn to sew and what a great opportunity to to learn from Michelle. Thanks for what you do Michelle. Btw, I have a brown skirt that needs some work on the waistline.

Crystal said...

Any possibility to make my too small clothes bigger??? Lol.
I can think of anything I'd like to learn with sewing but I could probably find some pants that could use shortening.

audrey martens said...

i would get her to alter one of my favorite shirts I ever bought that doesn't fit anymore

Melissa Dyck said...

I liked Sewing and Alterations by Michelle on FB! I have a couple of pairs of jeans that need to be hemmed!

Amanda Klassen said...

I like Sewing and Alterations by Michelle.... I have a pair of jeans that need hemming...

Anonymous said...

what a great idea!

Sherry
twinviews@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I liked S & A by Michelle on FB and I would really like the one hour of instruction, but would likely end up choosing the mending instead.

Sherry
twinviews@hotmail.com

Amber. said...

I just checked out her fb page and 'liked' her :) Hmmmm, I'd love the session to learn how to sew!

Anonymous said...

Hello, I'm a new fan and intrigued by the maternity alterations.

Jenessa
Jen_gymnast@hotmail.com

Eva Kehler said...

I "like" Sewing & Alterations by Michelle. I have a bag full of stuff that needs to be altered and never really knew where to take it. In that bag there is many a bra that are in fine condition except for the wire poking through. Also, my daughter's skirts need to be hemmed at the seams. She wears skirts alot.

rachel said...

I am now a fan. I have a few things that need to be patched/mended.

rneufeldpc@gmail.com

tracy giesbrecht said...

i like Sewing and Alterations by Michelle and i have some kids cloths that need fixed lol.

Michele said...

I like Sewing & Alterations by Michelle. I need some curtains sewed.