December 20, 2011

CT Designs says Goodbye

Posted by Crystal's Blog

2011 is coming to an end and with that comes the end of CT Designs as well. This is very bitter sweet for me, but after giving this much thought and prayer I have decided that it is time for me to take a break from designing.

After receiving my renewal for my business license, I decided that I needed to make a decision. I have not been feeling passionate about designing lately & I feel that my designs were reflecting my lack of passion. I was not proud of the designs that I was creating anymore. I was also feeling that "designing" was always in the back of my mind and there was always something that I either was doing or should be doing so I felt busy all the time even if I wasn't.

I've had so many amazing clients over the years and it's hard for me to say goodbye to all you committed and loyal clients. I thought I might design the occasional request if I had some time, but I have also reconsidered that as well. Since I will not be renewing my license in January, I will not be able to continue my business. I will also be getting rid of my stock of envelopes & do not want to hold onto that if I will not be doing many designs. I apologize to those of you who were hoping to use my services in the future. This may or may not be a permanent decision. CT Designs may resurface in the future but I really don't know at this point. I want to keep my priorities in order which means God is first & then my family & then work. In the past, that was not happening all the time b/c often my work came ahead of my family especially with rush orders and it was a huge burden of guilt. There is no one to blame but myself b/c there was always the opportunity to decline order requests so please don't feel that I'm placing blame on anyone. It's only that I know myself and I find it hard to say no, so I try to accommodate everyone that I can which means I need to remove that temptation to overload myself with work. It is also hard to justify spending all that time into designing and putting my family's needs aside when my prices do not compensate for the time spent on my work. I considered adjusting my prices, but I know how difficult it is to compete when there are so many other cheaper options plus I weighed the option of how much I make & how much less time I could spend working somewhere else to make the same amount of money. So, it wasn't about the money, it once again came down to putting my family's needs first.

Thanks again for your support & I will never forget those who stood behind me in this business!! God bless.

0 comments: